
Photo Credit: BSC Young Boys
DR Congo striker Samuel Essende says he wants to give his all at new club Young Boys following his move from Augsburg.
The 28-year-old left FC Augsburg to join BSC Young Boys with both clubs agreeing keep the details of the transfer fee under wraps.
YB verpflichtet Samuel Essende ✍️
Der BSC Young Boys freut sich, die Verpflichtung von Samuel Essende bekanntzugeben. Der 28-jährige Stürmer unterschrieb einen Vertrag bis Juni 2029.
👉 https://t.co/pFO0fJxfQp pic.twitter.com/BWeBnA1YS0— BSC YOUNG BOYS (@BSC_YB) February 16, 2026
Essende joined the Bundesliga side from FC Vizela in June 2024, going on to make 50 competitive appearances for the Fuggerstädter, scoring 12 goals in the process.
The Paris-Germain academy graduate gathered 14 Bundesliga appearances this campaign but managed just a goal.
“Samuel came to us because he wanted a new challenge. Together, we looked for a solution that made sense for both sides, and we found it with this move to Switzerland.
“We’d like to thank Samuel for his efforts here and wish him every success for the future,” said FCA sporting director Benni Weber.
The France born Congolese international shared some words following his move to the Swiss top flight side.
“I gave my all for Augsburg. From a footballing point of view, I needed a new project where I can keep developing, enjoy my time on the pitch and score goals.
“I’d like to thank the FCA fans, who were always great to me. I wish the club all the best for the rest of the season,” commented Samuel Essende.
Essende played just a game as DR Congo finished the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations in the round 16 after a painful extra time loss to North Africans Algeria.
The nine time capped attacker previously played club football with KAS Eupen, Avranches, Pau, Caen and Vizela after starting off at PSG.